Eligibility & Fees
The Kansas John Philip Sousa Jr. Honor Band is a statewide honor band for students in grades six through nine. Students audition in October by submitting an audition recording. Audition music becomes available every year at the beginning of July and can be downloaded from this site. There is a $10.00 fee to audition. Students who are selected will be notified in late November and will need to pay a $35.00 participation fee.
All students wanting to participate in the KS John Philip Jr. Sousa Honor Band must:
- Must be a member in good standing of their school band program and be enrolled in band the year of participation.
- Have the audition recordings and application submitted via Festival Scores by the student’s band director.
- Belong to a participating school that is a member of the Kansas State High Schools Activities Association (KSHSAA).
- If student attends a KSHSAA member school, but there is not a band program at that school; the student is eligible to audition.
- All schools participating must be in financial good standing with the JPS Junior Honor Band Organization in order for students to particiapte.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: